You don't always have the money or the time to plan an extravagant wedding anniversary celebration, and truly, the amount of money spent isn't going to be what makes your husband or wife feel cherished. Life is busier than ever for most couples and it's easy to fall into a routine that deadens your marriage. Making time to celebrate your love gets lost in the shuffle. Your anniversary is the perfect occasion to break out of your rut.
What will touch your husband or wife's heart, what's been missing in your relationship that you want to enjoy again? Answer this question and you'll be on the right path to finding wedding anniversary gifts that have the magic "wow" factor.
- Personalize a flower bouquet or a box of chocolates with a love letter, note or a short poem. "Roses are red, violets are blue, we've been married for xx years, and my love for you is still true." "Chocolates are yummy and sweet, but you are always my number one treat." Take a romantic song lyric and personalize it by changing a few words or a line or two. Doesn't have to be fancy, just romantic, sweet and heartfelt.
- Place a jewelry gift in a special keepsake box and also enclose a love note. If you're dining out at your favorite restaurant, have your anniversary gift delivered with dessert. Buy a heart-shaped serving tray to present it. Or custom engrave a bracelet with a romantic message.
- A romantic evening home alone can jump start your romance again. Create a fun theme for your evening and buy costumes to match it. Order in a dinner so you only have to heat and serve.
- Indulge yourselves with a sexy getaway. If you have children, maybe a relative or trusted friends can take them for one night so you can enjoy a private anniversary celebration. Get a suite and decorate it beforehand. Set up candles, strew the bed with flower petals, sexy lingerie and fun toys. Put on your favorite music and leisurely give each other a massage to get into the mood.
- Personalized romantic gifts are very appreciated, especially when they include words of love or a happy photo of you together. Create a custom anniversary gift basket. Include items such photos, love coupons, a framed love letter, a small box of chocolates, massage oils, a few fresh flowers, aromatic candles, bottle of wine or small romantic trinkets with special meanings to your marriage.
- Show how much you appreciate your husband or wife and plan your anniversary celebration around something that they always wanted to do but haven't done yet.
A great wedding anniversary gift expresses what romance uniquely means to your marriage. Carefully listen for your spouse's hints and clues.
But the best anniversary gift is to give your husband or wife what they truly want: to know that you cherish your love and marriage...and always will.