Tuesday, April 04, 2006

3 Long-Range Plans

I think it's a good thing that we can't see into the future because we might not do things because we didn't see far enough. Here's 3 short stories on three happy couples who put in 70, 60, and 50 years together.

John and Elizabeth: how they managed
"It's a marriage made in heaven. She's got to look at my side. I've got to look at her side. Then we combine it."

Was it love at first sight?
Just before heading overseas for World War II, Robert spotted Lorraine at a USO dance. He walked over to say hi. "I was lonely," he says. "She looked lonely, too." It wasn't exactly love at first sight. Recalls Lorraine: "I said to my girlfriend, 'Uh oh, here comes a hick.' " Three months later they were engaged.

John and Shirley: who's the boss?
"I'm the president. She's the vice president, secretary and treasurer," he says. "Each office carries one vote. When we decide, I cast my vote. She casts her three."

No comments:

Post a Comment